Thursday, April 30, 2009

Close Encounters of the Tobi Kind

So last night, I was boooooooooooooooored, and decided to play in the combs. It was a slow night and there were no undead there at all... must have been Goth Night at the local bowling alley or something. Anyway it was deserted, so I amused myself by racing from the auction site through the combs and out the old temple to the desert, and back. So Tobi finally came, and I thought I'd better stop, and he thought I'd better too. So there I was hanging out in the auction area, and he was too, but he didn't move for so long, I thought maybe he was asleep and I could dart down there and he wouldn't notice. Just to check that, and to get into possible position for a quick takeoff, I moved over to the pillar closest to the combs entrance, and darned if Tobi didn't turn and look at me, and ask if I was planning to go for another run in the combs!!!! I gave him my best innocent look, naturally ;) After a bit, he ran off toward the city gates.

Feeling mischievous, as soon as he was out of sight I instantly dived down the steps into the combs, and made it all the way through the combs, came around the turn just past the snake, when I came face to face with.... TOBI!!!!!! OMG. OMG. How the hell he knew I would do that, I have no idea, but the sneak had run around and in through the temple, and there he was! I kept my head even though panicked... I didn't even stop but rushed right past him out of the combs into the temple with Tobi just a couple of steps behind me. I think the fact that I dind't stop, or try to turn around, took him by surprise too, or I wouldn't have had that little teensy bit of a headstart. The instant I was free of the temple I jumped up high, toward the knight camp, and made it into the city safely. But my health was so low, it was a very close-run thing... I think one more swing of his sword and he'd have gotten me! OMG! I was panicked, relieved, and ROFLMAO all at the same time!!!! So there I was, gasping for breath, laughing, and asking Tobi how he'd known I would do that, when here come Paw, Urso and Jig on the run, looking all ready for battle. I was laughing so hard, it was all I could do to pull myself together enough to calm them down, let them know I was okay, and to tell them that yes, Tobi had faked me out but he hadn't cheated or done anything dastardly, he just out-guessed me, and really it was my bad {{{giggles}}} So Tobi went off on his way, and the knights also, and I went to eat.

And when I went to bed, I lay there remembering it all, and laughed until I cried, and actually fell asleep still laughing at it all. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

~Lady Elysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment