Monday, April 13, 2009

Royally pissed off

So there I was in the palace gardens yesterday, just walking through, when someone comes up behind me. I turn and see Jaril, and say salaam politely. And she punches me in the face! I was so shocked, I couldn't move or think! I finally asked her why, what did I do to her? and she whacked me in the head with the broad side of her sword, then grabbed me by the throat, and started to strangle me. All without warning, without a word.

You know... I just got pissed. First off, we are in the Palace, an area of truce for all. Second off... hello?? I'm a scribe, not a street fighter. Yeah, I sometimes draw my sword and use it, usually to defend someone else when my temper gets riled. But I'm not a fighter by nature, and I don't fight for the fun or thrill of it, and if I wanted to fight, I'll go out in the desert, but not walking in the palace gardens! And thirdly... I don't do cat fights!Furthermore, the whole thing was both stupid and pointless. So I head-butted her, and walked away without a backward glance.


~Lady Elysa~

P.S. Of course, I DO have an alternative ending for this little scenario. It reads like this:
Elysa Swansong grabs Jaril by her hair, yanking backwards so hard the slaver's pretty little neck snaps with a loud crack.
Elysa Swansong drags the lifeless body by the hair over to the wall and shoves it over, watching as it tumbles down to land grotesquely on the city pavement below
Elysa Swansong shouts SLAVERS COME GET YOUR LEADERS DEAD BODY FROM THE CITY BEFORE I TAKE AND FEED IT TO THE SHARK

1 comment: