Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A big change in my life

Yesterday I had a very long discussion with the interim Magi leader, Tim Speiser. Both he and KCEE have for some time wanted me to join the Magi, only I didn't see very clearly what purpose that would serve... I knew little about Magi and didn't see what I could do, as a Magi. And my position as scribe is very dear to me, and it does give me a purpose, even though there is little for me to actually do as scribe. But Tim said he could teach me magic, as well as the healing magic that I am learning under KCEE. Because of my djinn blood I have natural magical abilities, although I don't know much about this, or how to control my magic; indeed, it was only 2 months ago that I knew that I was half djinn... I just thought I was... well... peculiar, with these strange things that I could sometimes do (and generally tried not to do). But I would be able to learn more about my natural abilities as well, and to call and use them.

Since Indigo found out that I was part djinn she has wanted me to join the Djinn group, and so I felt torn between Palace, Magi and Djinn. So Tim and I met yesterday with Indigo and we worked it out between us that I would become Magi and study under KCEE and Tim, but because of my blood tie to the djinn I would be the perfect choice as bridge, or liaison, between the two magical groups of Ireem, the Magi and Djinn. Pretty cool, huh?

We are hoping that Sultana will permit me to remain as royal scribe as well... my loyalty remains to Sultana above all, and that has not changed, no matter what. Hopefully she will be able to understand that. Tim spoke to the Great Goddess Kora, who said it was okay with her if Sultana approved. Tim and I then spoke to Lord Kadar, who is not happy... but hopefully he will calm down and come around by the time Sultana returns from her travels this weekend. I really want to remain the scribe, but I haven't been happy for a long time, because there is so little to do in the palace, and most of my time I spend wandering around more or less aimlessly. As scribe, my duties are to attend official functions and the weekly staff meetings, and write up any scrolls to be delivered to the populace or to the Chronicle, all of which I can do that just as easily as Magi. So, basically, if they do not approve, it would be because my loyalty was in question... and if they believe so little in my loyalty to Sultana, that is very hard for me, I could not have stayed in the palace anyway knowing that.

~Lady Elysa

No comments:

Post a Comment