Sunday, June 21, 2009

ummm... oopsies?

Sooo I came wandering up to the city gates one evening, to discover that Leo had capped Chris, who is now a slaver. And was planning on giving him over to Phox to work at the Inn. I *so* did not think that was a good idea, as I explained to the boys. Phox asked why, and I was kind of at a loss, until I noticed olive, kneeling nearby. I told them that would make it hard for Olive, to see her Master serving in an inn, whereby Phox said that she could work there too! *laughs* So finally after a bit, Chris is freed, and everyone wanders off.

But then, a little later, here comes Chris while I’m walking along toward the auction area, and attacks me and caps me! He takes me off to the bedu camp for some reason, where I discover that Leo and Phox are there before me, capped by MasterJ and Cara, one of the bedu. And our captors are now gloating that they have all 3 of us. Ummmm, oopies? So there we are with Leo being silent and Phox mouthing off (I gotta have a talk with that boy about how to behave when capped and in imminent peril).

So Chris finally settles down to talk terms of release. He wants an apology from Leo and Phox for attacking him when he first arrived in Ireem and hadn’t been able to see yet. Which I thought perfectly reasonable and appropriate. And 200 dinars from each of us. Phox says, he’s not going to pay anything and they can kick his teeth in if they want to. I really gotta have a talk with that boy. Anyway, so Chris nods, and says, if they don’t meet his terms, he’ll sell me to MJ for 600 dinars. Okay, that’s a serious wrong turn. MJ has been kinda after me for a couple months now, but recently he’s gotten pretty determined. In fact, that very morning we’d been standing outside the city gates with a bunch of other people when he ordered me to kneel to him. I laughed in his face and walked off, and he came after me swinging his sword and said if I wouldn’t kneel willingly, he’d make me! I managed to get to auction reasonably safely, but it’s put a whole new aspect on things and I’d determined to be very, very careful when MJ was loose in Ireem. So I was like, "gaaahh!" and said I’d be happy to pay my ransom and Phox’s too. So they freed Leo and Phox, who both apologized, and Chris took me up to the auction area to be safe before he freed me.

I just looooove Ireem!!!!!! heehee

~Lady Elysa

No comments:

Post a Comment