Sunday, March 15, 2009

Close Encounters of the Arian Kind

In the last 2 days, I have barely escaped capture by Arian, not once, not twice, but three times! The first time he came almost out of nowhere, and I was startled and unprepared. He was on me before I knew it, and I had on time even to call for help. However, I had just been talking with Jason, and there were other knights around, and they fought him off while I made my escape, but it was a very close thing. Just a few hours later, he came to the knights camp where I was alone, practicing, and this time I was close enough to the city to get inside. Today though was the worst of all... I'd just come into Ireem and was making for the city gates, and he came across the desert. I saw him coming and RAN FOR IT! Fortunately I've learned a few tricks from my training with the knights, and was able to make it into the city, but my health was very poor, my pulse pounding!

Of course, matters are not helped that Mirna and I put out a bounty on him {{{grins}}} and when WongFei capped him, we turned Arian over to Damien for punishment. But since Arian had already been trying to cap us... word is, he even tried to trade a capped knight to the knights for us! ...we didn't have anything to lose, you know? But now he's even more determined, and seems to chase me on sight! I can tell you, I barely made it to the city in time today, that was a very, very close-run thing, and no rescuers in sight... although this time I did have time to call for help as I ran.

I need to train more. Hopefully soon I will be ready to start working with my sword... though I would never dare to face Arian in a fight... my best bet is to just run!

~Lady Elysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment