Monday, March 16, 2009

The excitement continues

Well, I've had an exciting, fun-filled day! I almost got capped by Jaril this morning. I don't even know why! I was just standing by the city gate watching the slavers and the undead and the knights all fighting (I have no idea why, but everyone seemed to be fighting everyone, all over the place) and suddenly she came at me! I didn't even hesitate, but turned and ran for all I was worth! Better even Arian or Damien, than Jaril! Fortunately, a certain slaver I know {{{blush}}} told me just the day before, if I am being chased, to run in a straight line as much as possible. So that is just what I did, and managed to make it inside the city walls just in time! That was truly an escape for which I am most thankful..

I did have some real fun though a bit later! Arian offered to spar with me in the arena! on his word that he would not kill me. So I agreed and we went, and it was way fun, trying to keep my focus on him and swing the sword at the same time. It was also very good practice for me, to have a moving target to chase after. The sparring ended when I killed him. Unfortunately, I had to let him go (well, darn!) because a deal is a deal, after all! heheheh. But it was a splendid time, and I now have 2 kills and my skill level has increased :)

I'm still having trouble on the parapet, when it comes to the corners. At a walk I am fine, but at a run, I still fall off maybe 2-3 times of every 5. I am getting very frustrated with that. But I can now approach the wall and leap up onto it at a run, nice trick! it's just the corners that are so much trouble for me. I'm still running around the tents too, but that's getting kind of boring now that I have gotten the hang of it, but I still do it for the practice.

Speaking of Arian, yesterday we actually fought for real. He capped my best friend's sister and I had to fight with him for him to free her. I haven't written about it because it was kind of traumatic for me, but there is a positive side to this, which is why I'm writing this at all. Despite the fact that I lost the fight (well, duh! Arian has the highest skill for a fighter, I the lowest), due to the training I'd been doing it was not the complete disaster I thought it would be. I mean... I know I can't fight, and hated thinking I would make a fool of myself in front of all the people around watching. I assumed the fight woud be over in just a couple of minutes, and it was not... indeed, I did much better than I expected, and gave Arian a good fight before he capped me! Looking back, now, I am very pleased with how well I was able to defend myself, given the circumstances. What I need is practice... a tricky proposition here in Ireem, if I want to stay free and alive (I do!). A sparring partner would be ideal.

~Lady Elysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment