Thursday, March 26, 2009

A noble sacrifice

It is finally ended. After a prolonged battle in the palace and gardens between Damien and the knights,the visiting Prince Mikk Graves from northern lands transformed into the most magnificent white dragon, roaring with white light. Damien left, but returned astride his black beast. In a stunning sacrifice (and against my pleas), Mikk offered himself in exchange for my freedom. However, all turned out well. Damien was too busy fighting off the entire kingdom (or so it seemed) down in the combs to do any harm to Mikk and finally sold the Prince at auction, where he was bought and freed by Lady Jordina.

So I am free, and free of any spell Damien had cast over me. I am back at my little desk in the palace, amongst my scrolls and busying myself once more in palace business that has gone unfinished for the last few days.

And if, in my heart of hearts, a small piece of me mourns, that is between myself and these pages.
~Lady Elysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment