Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MIrna is home!

I am soooooooooooooo happy and relieved! I don't know who, or how; everyone (knights) had been gathered for a rescue, and I was ready to go in with them again, but so much time passed, and then a slaver showed up, and ...well, to be honest, I gave up in despair. I finally left the area by the slavers camp and was on my way home when I heard the news that she had been rescued. I rushed to the palace, where I was allowed the priviledge of being one of the few people allowed to see her. It was wonderful to know she was free, but even better to actually see her with my own eyes, I am so grateful. She was exhausted and careworn from her ordeal, but the Lady Kerri said she would be fine. I am happy now!

After Mirna lay down to rest, I went on home to do the same, able to sleep peacefullly for the first time in 2 days. I do not want to go through another 2 days like that! (I bet Mirna doesn't either!) When I awoke, I went to the knights' camp for news about the war (or any news, for that matter). I mentioned in passing to the knight Ringo that I wished I knew how to use my sword better. He instantly offered to show me some skills. My pathetic attempts should have made him laugh, but he was very kind, and he took me back to a basic skill I had been unaware of... Mouselook! So instead of swinging my sword, you may in the next few days see me walking circles around the tents in the camp, and walking the parapet. Ringo tells me that next I'll be running along the parapet. Uh-huh. Given my current attempts at walking along it, I venture to say that I'll be running it about, oh, say, the new year ;)

~Lady Elysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment