Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hearbreak

This morning, I fought for the safety of an injured knight. I fought Raiden. I fought Saiki. I fought Kitty. Then when he was safely back in camp, I stood alone on guard on the wall, watching for predators, while we waited for KCEE to come heal the injured knight and another who was ill. Only one other knight was there, taking care of the 2, while I stood guard.

Tonight, I was attacked by a knight in the knights camp, when I went there on official business for the Sultana. Attacked, with his sword, while mine was sheathed! It is so bad, I cannot write about it. But I will never go back. Nor will I ever again call on the knights to help me; I will live or die by my own chance, rather than call those who have treated me so. Damien himself did not hurt me so much as these knights; he, at least, hurt only my body. He, at least, did not pretend to have honor. But the knights...! My faith is so shaken. My heart broken. If I cannot believe the knights have honor, what is there left to believe in?

~Lady Elysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment