Friday, March 20, 2009

Longings

Last evening a slaver who had chased me into the city, stayed to speak with me. He tried to beguile me from safety with talk of the confines of the palace, of freedom, of the sun rising over the slaver bay. And, heaven help me, I wanted to go! oh! not with the slaver... but his words woke in me a longing I scarcely knew existed. I don't remember my parents at all, but sometimes I think they must have been ... I don't know... bedu maybe, or perhaps some distant, foreign gypsy blood may run in my veins, because so many times I want to roam far and free, and this man's words opened the floodgates, I am so restless, pacing, and wanting to just run and run and run and never arrive at any destination. And I know that I cannot do that, I must live the life I have chosen. It is a good life, and I have been very happy. I know it is the right choice.

But oh! I wish I had kept running once I reached safety last night, and not stopped to listen.

~Lady Elysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment