Thursday, March 12, 2009

My first sparring!

I had my first sparring match today, out in the desert beyond the Knights' camp. I didn't do too badly, I capped my opponent, yeay! Of course, he didn't do too badly either, because he capped me at the same time! LOL. We were both at 0%! I was honestly very pleased with myself; I'd expected to be pretty bad at it, so it was nice to see I could at least hold my own (for a short time, at least). I've actually been able to master running around the tent; though the corners of the parapet still are a difficulty for me, even at a walk...but I'm getting very good at jumping back up onto the wall {{{laugh}}} I've been practicing using mouselook everywhere I go, and can now make a not too bad u-turn while at a run! Next Ringo wants me to run around the campfire... not so easy! But I'm not going to give up; I'd never have thought I could get as far as I have, in the short time (less than 24 hours), and if he can do it, so can I... with lots and lots and lots of practice, of course ;) heheheheh. It's quite exhilarating, too! I am starting to feel as if I at least have a miniscule chance at escaping, should I ever have someone coming after me (depends on who it's with, of course).

Oh, and I had my first real chase today! I made it to safety, just barely a breath ahead of the slaver pursuing me, and whoo, was my heart pounding! I can honestly say that I see the excitement that the chase holds for the slaves... but taken all in all, I do not want to be captured (or anything else) and I remain very glad to be a citizen in Ireem.

~Lady Elysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment